[accordion-group title=” General Info “]
Born in Nicosia, Cyprus, 1986
Nationality: (Cypriot / EU)
University email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[accordion-group title=” Education “]
- Bachelor (BA) Sociology / International Politics, Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester, UK) (First) 2007-2011
Main issues concerned include politics of hunger, classical and contemporary social theory, politics of the arts , sociology of globalization, studies in anti-capitalism among others
- Master in Arts (MA) Social and Political Thought, Sussex University (Brighton, United Kingdom) 2011 – 2012
I specifically emphasized on Decolonial Thought and the Social Theories around The Frankfurt School as well as the philosophy of Michel Foucault, Aristotle, Karl Marx and Castoriadis
- Diploma, The New World (dis)Order and the Challenge of Social Justice: Ethics and the Decolonial Option, Utrecht University (Roosvelt Academy, Middlebrugg, Netherlands) 2012
Three weeks summer school with Walter D Mignolo on Decolonial Thought and global matrix of power. We have examined various fields of decolonial thought such as economy, aesthetics, gender, racism, justice, knowledge in relation to local and global histories, epistemic shifts.
- Ph.D (GTA Studentship): Neo-liberalism, Technological Bureaucracy and Grassroots Antagonisms, (University of Leicester, UK) 2013 – 2017 (See my research page)
[accordion-group title=” Work Experience “]
- KISA – Action for Equality Support Antiracism
Advocacy and Communications Officer \ Coordinator of the Social and Cultural Center
- Various Projects regarding audiovisual material such as collaboration with director Iva Radivojevic on her film “Evaporating Borders” and hosting a radio show “On the margins” at CCMC radio in Nicosia, Buffer Zone.
[accordion-group title=”Personal Skills and Competences “]
- Greek (Mother Tongue), English (Proficiency), Arabic (Basic)
- Computer skills: Competent user of Microsoft Office Packages including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, OpenOffice, and Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla FireFox, Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader Professional, also various aspects of WordPress.
- football, outdoor activities, organizing social and political events, meeting with friends, travelling, writing, reading.